Event Management Hertfordshire and the South East
If you hold training sessions, workshops or seminars, your concentration should be on the content and delivery, not worrying about attendance and administration in the run up to the event.
We can take on any or all of the following, to assist you in holding a memorable event:
- Venue – From finding the right one, to liaising with them for all arrangements
- Marketing – Identifying where ideal delegates can be found, arranging marketing materials, managing social media coverage
- Presentation – Help setting up slides, formatting and tweaking
- Course Documents – Organising, proof-reading and printing of any workbooks, notes, hand outs, evaluation sheets, name cards or badges
- Manage Bookings – Setting up an online booking and payment system
- Managing Attendees – Answering any questions, issuing joining instructions
- On the Day – You can have someone there in person to set up the room, ensure everything needed is in place, manage delegate registration on arrival, set up refreshments and be on hand to deal with any hiccups
- Course Evaluation – Compiling the results from the evaluation sheets into an easy to interpret report, and identifying quotes to be used in future material
- Follow-Ups – Calling attendees to gain any further information you require, or to book them onto another course.
Case Study: The power of planning
Michelle Brooks – Owner of Look Good Feel Great Forever, Hemel Hempstead, Herts
Faced with the challenge of organising a charity pamper event, Michelle felt a little daunted. Although she was already running her successful Forever Living business, she’d never turned her hand to event management before.
Armed with a strong vision of how she wanted the event to be, but only a loose plan of attack, Michelle recognised that she needed support. It was time to call in reinforcements! With just four weeks to finalise arrangements and ensure the event was a roaring success, time was of the essence and her stress levels were rising.
Michelle contacted Carli at Synergy Business Support for help to organise this event.
Carli worked with Michelle to quickly create a clear and easy to follow project plan. Starting with the tasks Michelle had already completed and guiding her through all of the other considerations, such as venue requirements, sourcing therapists and promotion, Carli was able to set clear milestones and keep the project on track.
By sharing the workload, Carli also provided a much needed extra pair of hands. Her calm, organised and thorough approach to planning ensured the event was a success, running without a hitch and enabling Michelle to raise over £500 for charity.
“I find organisation and systems quite challenging” Michelle admitted. “In a few short sessions Carli got me on track with organising an event, including some great ideas for planning and execution. It turned out to be really successful and Carli has given me some really useful skills.”
With renewed confidence and a tried and tested method of planning, Michelle has since organised another event on her own and is now also using Carli’s techniques to improve her own business processes.
To find out how SBS can help your business plan for success, give us a call today!